Our farmers leave their land better than they found it.
Some call it regenerative agriculture. Others call it place-based farming. Whatever you call it, it’s all about considering what’s around you. At Consider Pastures, we believe that giving back to the earth is paramount to farming responsibly. Our farms follow these principles:
- Zero use of pesticides and inorganic fertilizers
- No deep tilling or fallow rotation to help protect soil from erosion and nutrient loss
- Increasing organic matter, soil health, and carbon sequestration through strategic use of cover crops
- Multi-species livestock integration
- Planting and encouraging the spread of geographically-appropriate wildflowers to assist in pollinator health
- Installation of bat houses as natural pest control